Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wind Turbines in Central Brittany


We are planning a short article on wind turbines for the January 2010 issue.
I would be interested to hear people's views on the subject - please feel welcome to post a comment on the blog, or on the CBJ Forum.
I believe that the idea of wind turbines received a lot of public support at the outset, and that they have been generally welcomed by local politicians, perhaps because of the revenue that they bring in.
They also seem to be quite widely supported in the press.

I have to admit that I have never been a big fan, they just seem too big to me, and to defy the principle of 'Small is Beautiful' which made absolute sense to me in environmental terms from the first time I heard about it.

However, I would be interested to hear people's views on power generation in general: where Brittany should get its power from, and how much electricity it is appropriate for people to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment