Monday, December 14, 2009

Welcome to the Central Brittany Blog

Welcome to the new Central Brittany Blog.
One of my New Year Resolutions for 2009 was to create a new website for Central Brittany that that would fulfill the same function on the internet that the Central Brittany Journal does in print. My idea is to create a website that allows people to connect up with each other and to do things that would not otherwise be possible.
I am sure that the technology of the internet offers this possibility to an even greater extent than printed magazines, but I must admit that I have found it to be much harder to master than I had imagined.
A couple of months ago, I launched the new CBJ website, but, so far, have not been able to find the right formula to either motivate myself to really make it work, or to involve other people in making it really dynamic.
Hence, this blog. It occurred to me that I was perhaps being over-ambitious in trying to create a complete website all in one go. It might be more appropriate to get some regularly-updated content on a blog, to get some feedback, to see what people need, and to take it from there.
My aims for this blog and the CBJ website are more the less the same as those for the Journal when I started it - to promote the use of the English Language in Central Brittany, to help people to settle in and integrate into local life, to help people to earn a living in Central Brittany, to promote local culture, to let the rest of the world know about Central Brittany, and to welcome visitors to the region.
I welcome feedback and suggestions as to how this blog and the website can be used to achieve this.
Gareth Lewis (editor CBJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment