Monday, March 15, 2010

Contributions For April Issue


I've just got back from a few days in the UK (I am slowly processing my thoughts about life in the old country, but the impression that I am left with is a country that is putting far too much reliance upon the value money) and am now starting work on the April issue of the CBJ.
This will be our 70th issue and it also marks six years of publication. The main theme of this issue will be gardening. I have scheduled an extra eight pages for this issue, making it our first 72-page Journal. Contributions of all sorts are welcome, and especially on the theme of gardening – whether it be questions about local gardening techniques, reminiscences, pictures, suggestions, or advertisements.
When I started the Journal, six years ago, the editorial side was very much a personal effort, but as the years have gone by it has evolved to reflect the views of the community as a whole. I still have the final say of what goes in and what does not, but my own views about what is appropriate for the Journal have also change from month to month as I take note of feedback from readers and contributors. Each issue of the Journal is now made up of many different strands, provided by people from all walks of life.
My hope is that this is something that will continue to develop in the future. I would like to see the Journal, and its associated website, be the preferred news medium of everyone in Central Brittany – not just for people who have English as their first language.
Closing date for contributions for the April issue is Friday 19th March.

Gareth Lewis
info@thecbj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment